Questions about opencascade 3D annotation

sjwa

CAD practitioner
Hello everyone, I now have a question about 3D annotation, I really hope you can give me some advice.
First, I import a step file. After I find the radius of a circle on the part, I want to display the value of the radius, which is the meaning of 3D annotation. The specific effect is as follows...
I would like to ask you how to do this function?
1660790346205.png

natalia

CAD community veteran
Hi, @sjwa,

It's worth having a look at Prs3dDim package of OCCT. Try PrsDim_RadiusDimension for your case. It works exactly with geometry.
Also, AIS package contains AIS_TextLabel presentation. If you know the radius value, it might be useful (but it will be only text without a dimension line). For these presentations, there are several commands in DRAW to try it.

Both of mentioned presentation allows you visualize the radius value. But the presentation will differ from the attached view.
If you need an annotation exactly as shown above, the mentioned presentations might serve you to implement your own presentation with requirements of your 3D annotation compnent rules.

sjwa

CAD practitioner
Hi, @sjwa,

It's worth having a look at Prs3dDim package of OCCT. Try PrsDim_RadiusDimension for your case. It works exactly with geometry.
Also, AIS package contains AIS_TextLabel presentation. If you know the radius value, it might be useful (but it will be only text without a dimension line). For these presentations, there are several commands in DRAW to try it.

Both of mentioned presentation allows you visualize the radius value. But the presentation will differ from the attached view.
If you need an annotation exactly as shown above, the mentioned presentations might serve you to implement your own presentation with requirements of your 3D annotation compnent rules.
AIS_TextLabel is very useful, thanks for your help!