How to get correct stitching results?(BRepBuilderAPI_Sewing program)

R G W

CAD community veteran
Hello everyone, I am rgw.
I've recently had some problems building solids out of a set of faces, and by looking at discussions online, I've found that shells constructed from faces and bodies from shells solve my problem.
And when I used BRepBuilderAPI_Sewing to sew faces, I encountered some problems.
The picture below is my stitching result which is wrong. And correct result is attached below.

wrong

correct

Can you tell me any suggestion, thanks

Last edited:

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
Have you "played" with the tolerance value of stitching? Sorry, it's impossible to say anything that would make sense by just looking at pictures.

R G W

CAD community veteran
Have you "played" with the tolerance value of stitching? Sorry, it's impossible to say anything that would make sense by just looking at pictures.
I've tried changing the tolerances, but the results still don't work. My model is as follows, what I want to do is to regenerate a solid using the faces of the model. I hope you can help me, thank you very much.

blobfish

CAD community veteran
I've tried changing the tolerances, but the results still don't work. My model is as follows, what I want to do is to regenerate a solid using the faces of the model. I hope you can help me, thank you very much.
When I examine your file there are 2 shapes. One is a closed shell and the other is a face. I am not sure what you are trying to sew from this file.

R G W

CAD community veteran
When I examine your file there are 2 shapes. One is a closed shell and the other is a face. I am not sure what you are trying to sew from this file.
Sorry for not getting back to you in time, can you show me the picture?
What I want to do is go through all the surfaces of the model in this file and use those faces to generate a solid version of the model. My idea is to first sew the face together to generate a shell, and then use the shell to generate an entity. But there is a problem in the process of sewing, can you give me some advice, thank you very much.

R G W

CAD community veteran
Ok, I understand what you mean. There is indeed a problem with this model. It is indeed partly a closed shell and partly a face. If the model is normal, the result obtained by using BRepOffsetAPI_Sewing is normal.
Thank you for your help.