Latest activity

• B
    blobfish replied to the thread Offset Face.
    Yeah basically a push/pull in most cases. However, that model I posted is not able to be hollowed/MakeThickSolid either, so thinking...
    • 2faceOffset.png
  • JSlyadne
    I have been spinning my wheels in the offset api. I will make a new post as not to further hi-jack this thread. Welcome to my world.:)...
  • JSlyadne
    JSlyadne reacted to blobfish's post in the thread Unfolding box to flat sheet with Like Like.
    I took a quick look and ... yeah ... no. 3 things come to mind for me. 1) 'remember the vasa' 2) Do I really need any of this and can I...
  • Quaoar
    Quaoar reacted to blobfish's post in the thread Unfolding box to flat sheet with Like Like.
    I took a quick look and ... yeah ... no. 3 things come to mind for me. 1) 'remember the vasa' 2) Do I really need any of this and can I...
  • Quaoar
    Quaoar replied to the thread Offset Face.
    Is it for a push/pull-like operation? My experiments did not go further than extruding a local prism and fusing it back to the solid...
  • B
    blobfish replied to the thread Offset Face.
    You mean like the rest of the API. ;) I shouldn't say that .... I have just been spoiled by years of running UG with Parasolid. And...
  • B
    blobfish replied to the thread Unfolding box to flat sheet.
  • Quaoar
    Quaoar replied to the thread Offset Face.
    I always tried to avoid offsets, as this part of the modeling API leaves the impression that someone started implementing it and then...
    • offset.gif
  • Quaoar
    Quaoar replied to the thread Unfolding box to flat sheet.
    What is hard is to follow poor documentation while having almost zero support and a hell of dependencies. To avoid release + debug mix...
  • B
    Wow! Sorry I have to ask. Why is that so hard? Is a release build much smoother?
  • B
    blobfish posted the thread Offset Face in Q&A.
    I have come across a few simple models that the offset api just 'chokes' on, so I started into it. Test code is below, attached a...
    • offsetBugPlaneFail.png
  • Quaoar
    Quaoar replied to the thread Unfolding box to flat sheet.
    Nope. My only relation to numerical simulation was developing some pre-/post-processors around structural analysis, CFD, etc, while all...
  • B
    I have been spinning my wheels in the offset api. I will make a new post as not to further hi-jack this thread. Welcome to my world.:)...
  • B
    Well yeah! I can't pull this stuff off. ;) Before I found libIGL and ARAP, I was trying to work my way through this paper. Transferring...
  • Quaoar
    What is your current focus on OpenCascade? Just curious. Yep. I also tried some of its extra tools (Adviser or whatever it was called)...