Transformation based on a Gp_Ax3

Jonathan

CAD community veteran
Greetings all.

I am sure it's simple but I am having a hard time figuring it out.

Like the title states, I would like to transform an object (text label) in this instance based on a specific Gp_Ax3

what I am trying to do is pretty simple, I want to draw a plane, an have some text next to it.

1694957678562.png
I can have the text use the same Gp_ax3 has my plane but its really hard to read since it's on center.

JSlyadne

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!

Is my understanding correct that you're looking for a sort of visualization tricks to improve the text's redability?

Jonathan

CAD community veteran
@JSlyadne yes

I am thinking that since I know the X,Y size of the plane, I want to move the text by half those .. plus or minus a little bit

but since the plane could be in any direction , how do I accomplish that?

JSlyadne

Administrator
Staff member
The Z-depth fighting is a well-known problem. All this 3D-rendering stuff is beyond my knowledge a bit, but from what I know OCCT's rendering engine provides something to mitigate visual artifacts and does some offset magic behind the scene if asked properly. Given that you might want to investigate these techniques:

1. Prioritizing rendering through Graphic3d_DisplayPriority.

2. Prioritizing rendering through the Z-layers (but I'm not sure whether it comes down technically to the same). You might know a little bit more about the Z-layers of OCCT here.

Last edited: