NURBS libraries (excluding OCCT)

A-U

Active CAD practitioner
DA,

I'm trying to assemble a list of open source implementation of NURBS-related algorithms (besides / on top of OCCT). Here is what I have so far:

Do you happen to know other examples (preferably under somewhat active development)?

Best
A-U

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyNURBS implements an ad hoc modeling tool for the prosthetic field. SimplyNURBS is based upon AYAM modeling suite, OpenCASCADE and NURBS++ libraries.

Attachments

• Colombo et al. - 2015 - Simplynurbs A software library to model nurbs for medical applications.pdf
    691.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: A-U

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
@A-U Btw, which functionality are you looking for in the NURBS kernel? What's missing in good old CasCade?

A-U

Active CAD practitioner
I'd like to have better offset surfaces (more robust), better skinning (approximation, constraints) and gordon surfaces. Otherwise just looking around.

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to have better offset surfaces (more robust), better skinning (approximation, constraints) and gordon surfaces. Otherwise just looking around.
Btw, have you tried this SimpleOffset function of OpenCascade? It's the same offsets but with the restriction to keep topology unchanged. I'd say it's not sufficient for general-purpose modeling, but for models with splines it's sometimes useful. I used it to thicken shells composed of spline patchworks.

Reactions: A-U