Mesh selection

devdscm

CAD practitioner
Hello,
I have visualized a STL file using RWStl::ReadFile and then with MeshVS_Mesh function calls( See Attached PDF file).
The mesh comes well displayed and with smooth and fluid movements while zooming,orbiting and so on , despite about 8000 Nodes and 17 000 triangles
I am also playing around face selection of triangle mesh and it runs fine.
In fact,by calling the function
m_context->Activate(aMesh, MeshVS_SMF_Face)
the triangles of the mesh located under the mouse cursor are highlighted (as shown in fig. 2) and I am able to click and select a triangle of the mesh.
But on the other hand, by calling the same above function with the "MeshVS_SMF_Node" (instead of MeshVS_SMF_Face) parameter, the nodes are NOT highlighted; it does happen nothing ; I was expecting node highligths for selection.
Any reason for this?
Any suggestion on how select a vertex of the mesh?
Where am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• mesh (3).pdf
    198.5 KB · Views: 8

natalia

Staff member
Hello @devdscm

You may check selection of vertices on the mesh using the next commands in DRAW interpreter:

Code:
pload VISUALIZATION XSDRAW
vinit
mesh3delem m
vselmode m 1 1

The result is highlighted vertices on the prepared mesh:
mesh_vertex_selection.png

I would propose you to debug it and follow the way how it's done in this scenario and in yours.
You correctly activate mesh with the 'MeshVS_SMF_Node' mode. This way works in this scenario. To check it, set the breakpoint into 'MeshVS_Mesh::ComputeSelection' and look what is happening inside, whether it goes into the enum processing.

Best regards

devdscm

CAD practitioner
Hello, thanks for your reply.
So, if I well understand, you propose to debug : this mean insert a breakpoint at MeshVS_Mesh::ComputeSelection then I have to recompile OCC libraries.Is it correct?
No other chances?

natalia

Staff member
You may do this in your code before, to be sure that this mode is processed.

Last edited: