How to get the entityID in STEP file that the features pick in Analysis Situs

jianbaoxia

CAD master
Hello everyone!

I have a STEP file, and I try to get the entityID and I pick a face in Analysis Situs, I find there are menssage:"Face(#8):..." , but when I find the entity #4 in my STEP file, it's an other entity:"CARTESIAN_POINT ".

So it there some way that I can get the entityID when I pick a entity in Analysis Situs?
Thanks!!!
1646919429550.png
1646919453659.png

Attachments

• 曲面多孔零件.STEP
    436.9 KB · Views: 1

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
The B-rep model you see on the scene is largely disconnected from the original STEP entities. Why do you need to find a STEP entity in the first place? Cannot you extract all the necessary props from the translated B-rep and just forget about the original STEP file?

jianbaoxia

CAD master
The B-rep model you see on the scene is largely disconnected from the original STEP entities. Why do you need to find a STEP entity in the first place? Cannot you extract all the necessary props from the translated B-rep and just forget about the original STEP file?
I'm sorry I just reply in error place, I hope this won't cause you any trouble.

I have work in find information I need in step file for a while. I have read IOS10303 AP42, AP 11, AP203 , and try to find the information I need for CNC machining. I don't know there are another ways, sorry I am not familiar with the architecture of CAD. I'm interesting in the way you propose,but I have no idea with it.

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
Btw, you may want to check how `recognize-holes` command is implemented. It wouldn't detect non-closed holes near the corners of your part, but it won't be that difficult to make it work for such holes as well:

1647159439809.png

jianbaoxia

CAD master
Btw, you may want to check how `recognize-holes` command is implemented. It wouldn't detect non-closed holes near the corners of your part, but it won't be that difficult to make it work for such holes as well:

View attachment 206
Yes, I'm trying to compile the Analysis situs on window10, but get some mistake.
I think I will post an issus on forum.
I hope my frequent questions won't disturb you