Compilation on Windows

Lv_yuanxing

CAD practitioner
How do you launch asiExe.exe? Right from the IDE (Visual Studio)? Or from the installation directory? Would it run from IDE if you set asiExe as a startup project?
I tried both ways, but neither worked (I set asiExe as a startup project)
屏幕截图 2023-03-28 175654.png
屏幕截图 2023-03-28 175720.png

Lv_yuanxing

CAD practitioner
How do you launch asiExe.exe? Right from the IDE (Visual Studio)? Or from the installation directory? Would it run from IDE if you set asiExe as a startup project?
I tried to change debug to release and it's working!
But there are some errors after opening. Does this matter?
屏幕截图 2023-03-28 181233.png

natalia

Staff member
Hello @Lv_yuanxing,
I tried to change debug to release and it's working!
I got the similar problem for launching in Debug, not Release and found a solution. In some time I'll write what fixes it, just let me remember)
Regarding the problem in release, the same: it seems that something is not installed but required.

I'll check and after let you know.

natalia

Staff member
Hi, @Lv_yuanxing
I checked once again and it's OK for both cases, from IDE(Visual Studio) and from install directory, for release and for debug modes... and there is no message about not loaded plugins in release. May you try to compile it once again from scratch for only one mode, e.g. debug? Do you use the latest sources from git? May you share your cmake config snapsot?
Regards, Natalia

Lv_yuanxing

CAD practitioner
Hi, @Lv_yuanxing
I checked once again and it's OK for both cases, from IDE(Visual Studio) and from install directory, for release and for debug modes... and there is no message about not loaded plugins in release. May you try to compile it once again from scratch for only one mode, e.g. debug? Do you use the latest sources from git? May you share your cmake config snapsot?
Regards, Natalia
Thank you for your reply, Natalia. I used the latest source code from git today and tried to compile it in Debug mode. I think my cmake config is right, but there are still errors. I have looked up a lot of information about this error but have not solved it.
LN)2ARSK(`ZEK13%I9KCBIR.png

FR2IH8]T973SF9[T[6V1@J5.png

Lv_yuanxing

CAD practitioner
Hi, @Lv_yuanxing
Regards, Natalia
I forgot to mention that the plugin error was due to my improper operation. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: lbw

lbw

CAD practitioner
Hi,When I do something with analysis situs, it tells me that the Mobius library is missing, I don't find where to install the Mobius library, can you tell me where to install it?thank you

1680342140310.png

natalia

Staff member
Hi,When I do something with analysis situs, it tells me that the Mobius library is missing, I don't find where to install the Mobius library, can you tell me where to install it?thank you
Hi @lbw,

I checked in analysis situs sources. The error 'MOBIUS is unavailable.' happens when we have 'USE_MOBIUS' switched off in CMake configuration.

You need to switch it ON. In this case, you'll have 3RDPARTIES_mobius_DIR. You may install mobius in any place you'd like before, and fill this variable with the installing directory. All other things will be done by compilation/install procedure of analysis situs.

In case when you're using installed version, the mobius binaries will be copied in the directory of install,
in case when application is launched under Visual Studio, PATH of executable project is customized have this mobius dependency inside.

Best regards, Natalia

lbw

CAD practitioner
Sorry, I know it is possible to add 3RDPARTIES_mobius_DIR via cmake, but I don't have an installation path for the mobius file. I tried to get the mobius library on github and didn't have what I wanted. Can you tell me the way to get the mobius library?thank you
1680589487278.png

hello

Active CAD practitioner
Hi, @Lv_yuanxing
Regards, Natalia
1687437326326.pngCan you give a detailed tutorial? I currently get an error when starting a project in debug environment. thank you

hello

Active CAD practitioner
Hi @lbw,

I checked in analysis situs sources. The error 'MOBIUS is unavailable.' happens when we have 'USE_MOBIUS' switched off in CMake configuration.

You need to switch it ON. In this case, you'll have 3RDPARTIES_mobius_DIR. You may install mobius in any place you'd like before, and fill this variable with the installing directory. All other things will be done by compilation/install procedure of analysis situs.

In case when you're using installed version, the mobius binaries will be copied in the directory of install,
in case when application is launched under Visual Studio, PATH of executable project is customized have this mobius dependency inside.

Best regards, Natalia
1687437577969.png1687437679414.pngThis is my whole operation process, I don't know what I went wrong

stoneszone

Looking around for some CAD
Hello, I can build the latest master branch commit without any issues. but when I run it, I got this runtime error, any suggestions? Thanks.
1687912633580.png

lbw

CAD practitioner
I have the same problem, I can't locate the program input point on the dynamic link library asiTestEngine.dll
1687948782209.png

JSlyadne

Administrator
Staff member
stoneszone, I haven't been able still to reproduce the issue at my PC, but can it be so that there are different OCCT versions at your OCCT? Such a problem can occur when there is a mix between dlls used during the compilation and running after.

stoneszone

Looking around for some CAD
stoneszone, I haven't been able still to reproduce the issue at my PC, but can it be so that there are different OCCT versions at your OCCT? Such a problem can occur when there is a mix between dlls used during the compilation and running after.
Hi JSlyadne, thanks a lot for investing it. I actually download the libpack from this post and it comes with an prebuilt OCCT. I feel it is not related to this. Thanks!

lbw

CAD practitioner
I compiled in vs2022 and it works fine in release version, in debug version I can't use Active Script because it can't load these modules like cmdengine。
1689940634195.png