Batch Mode File Conversion

mmcl

Looking around for some CAD
Hello! First post here- this is a really awesome tool!

I am trying to convert a stp file to gltf using the batch mode. The series of commands looks like this:

clear
load-step "<path>/<filename>.stp"
save-gltf -filename "<path>/<filename>.glb"

When I run these commands from the prompt in the program interface, it works as expected. However, when I run via batch mode using "asiExe.exe /runscript...", the .glb file is created but it is empty. I don't receive errors of any kind when examining the logs. Any tips?

Quaoar

Administrator
Staff member
@mmcl Welcome to the forum. It seems the difference is that there are no triangles when running from CLI as the part is never visualized. That looks like a missing functionality (just opened a ticket for that), to be honest, but what you can do is to work around the whole process using asm-xde set of commands: http://www.analysissitus.org/features/features_asm-xde-document.html#toc-asm-xde-save-gltf

Code:
asm-xde-load -model M -filename "box-colored.stp"
asm-xde-generate-facets -model M -fine
asm-xde-save-gltf -model M -filename box-colored.glb

Would this make sense?

Last edited:

saadxprt

Looking around for some CAD
@mmcl Welcome to the forum. It seems the difference is that there are no triangles when running from CLI as the part is never visualized. That looks like a missing functionality (just opened a ticket for that), to be honest, but what you can do is to work around the whole process using asm-xde set of commands: http://www.analysissitus.org/features/features_asm-xde-document.html#toc-asm-xde-save-gltf

Code:
asm-xde-load -model M -filename "box-colored.stp"
asm-xde-generate-facets -model M -fine
asm-xde-save-gltf -model M -filename box-colored.glb

Would this make sense?
hi, I want to do batch processing using analysis situs, the problem is when I run it through cmd in this way
./asiExeCli.exe asm-xde-load -model M -filename "1.step"
it doesnt work rather it opens the analysis situs cli itself, the only problem is i cannot write my automation with that I need to be able to read all the files from my specified folder, and convert all of my step files to gltfs