Search results

1. D

Youtube lessons

I have seen how tricky it is to use XDE as a project document and I appreciate how easy it is to inadvertently generate a document which won't produce valid .stp or .xbf files. But I have also seen that it might still be possible. For example you have shown in Lesson 15 how BRepBuilder can be...
  2. D

Youtube lessons

@Quaoar, Thanks again for your advice. I have been working on this and considering lots of different options on how to proceed, but before I get too far along, I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Please correct me if I have got this wrong, but for my purpose of finding and using a...
  3. D

Youtube lessons

OK, Thanks @natalia. I appreciate your patient help and advice as I come up the OpenCascade learning curve. -Doug
  4. D

Youtube lessons

I have made some progress. I modified my code to no longer use this method: ST->AddComponent() and instead, I have followed the approach taught in Lesson15: Compose-XDE. Also, I changed it to use TopoDS_Builder instead of BRep_Builder, although I'm not sure if that matters. This screenshot of...
  5. D

Youtube lessons

Natalia, thank you for your helping me with this. I will continue to work on it and will report any progress (hopefully). Also, thank you for directing me to the XCAF code example. -Doug
  6. D

Youtube lessons

Thank you. I will await your answer. It just seems so peculiar that the name intended for the component label (with entry [0:1:1:1:1]) of the project doc overwrites the label (with entry [0:1:1:2:1]) of the step doc. It makes me think that there is some important detail I am missing when I copy...
  7. D

Youtube lessons

I gave this a try. I wrote a C++ file that imports a step file and loads it into an XDE document as a component of root. The document is then saved in both step format and .xbf format. The step file written seems to be pretty good but not perfect. CAD Assistant loads it, but a couple of the...
  8. D

Youtube lessons

Yes, my goal is to build a CAD app using OpenCascade (or PythonOCC). As you have explained in some of your tutorials, OpenCascade has provided much of the "machinery", so to speak, needed by a CAD application. OCAF includes access to lots of useful functionality, such as copy/paste, undo/redo...
  9. D

Youtube lessons

I studied Lesson 12: CAD assemblies with OpenCascade and I learned a lot of very useful information from it. But in a real CAD application, I think it would be more likely to already have a document representing a project with all its shapes and assembly hierarchy and then we might want to add...