Search results

1. M

More viewers in an OCAF document

Well... I see that it's not tailored toward CAD, but having half a dozen of view manipulators that can handle ONLY perspective view (which in AEC may be of some use, in mechanical and in my case is totally useless) and NONE able to zoom an ortographic view it's quite weird. It's even more weird...
  2. M

This is already done. My app handles many "drawings" in a single data file, each drawing takes its own viewer / context and as many views as needed. What I find difficult is to manage different view styles in different view. It works, but it has some quirks, mostly because of drawers. Yep. I'm...
  3. M

Yep, is more or less this task... But don't you need a viewer x context ? Or you can have more contexts inside same viewer ? BTW, is not that I dislike AIS, I find it quite fast and, in some parts, quite well coded. I really hate drawer stuffs, I dont' understand it almost at all. I resort...
  4. M

No, why ? It's just matter of moving records around, along with some operation codes on how to manage them. You even don't need to know which kind of data they are, from inside transaction mechanics. I'm using a sort of "labels" (in my case they're IDs that identify objects inside a big map)...
  5. M

Btw, if you're interested in my serialization code, you can find it on Ultimate++website, Bazaar page, it names PolyXml. It's able to (de)serialize any kind of class derived from a WithPolyXML template, and registered on system by a REGISTERCLASS macro. The whole stuff stays in a couple of...
  6. M

I don't see much difference on undo on parametric or non-parametric cad. Once you enclose data operations in transactions, end store the reversed operation in a transaction too, the undo becomes rock solid. The only "difficult" part is to account for operations that have side effects, as for...
  7. M

This one is the snippet that encodes a brep onto a string: // encode/decode shape in zip+encode64 format // this is the format on which shapes are inside xml uppcad files String UppCadShapeTools::Encode(TopoDS_Shape const &shape) { std::ostringstream ss; BRepTools::Clean(shape)...
  8. M

still not decided. I guess I'll give a try to OSG, on a small, sample codebase, to see how difficult it would be. And I've to revert some too hard multithreading that i put into my display code, it works, it allows me to look at drawings and start working before it's fully triangulated, but it's...
  9. M

The serialization for me is not a problem at all... I coded long time ago a class / class factory that can do XML (de)serialization quite well. I serialize BReps as binary blobs text encoded inside XML, and the whole stuff is zipped before going on disk, to overcome the usual big size of XML...
  10. M

I'm using "AIS_MultipleConnectedInteractive" for Block / Insert objects (if you don't know Autocad terminology, they're somehow like components that you can insert many times in the drawing, as you do in mechanical cad for elements of an assembly. I don't (still) manage parametric / mechanical...
  11. M

Yep, I find it fast. The slowest stuff is the triangulation of shapes upon loading, as I don't store it (files too large...). I imported some of my job's files and it's faster than autocad, handling it. This is a real life drawing, a wooden bridge with all steel parts (besides bolts but with...
  12. M

I think I'll give it a try... migration scares me a lot, but I'm not completely happy with AIS way. Thank you for your hints!
  13. M

I really HATE drawer's stuff... I still not understand them fully. And they also changed a lot about them in latest releases. If I've understood correctly they sort of "joined" some different drawers, but left for compatibility sakes also the old behaviour in form of some sort of link....But the...
  14. M

Ho Blobfish, nice screenshots! Does OSG provide some selection mechanics and some 2d / text primitives ? Besides 3d scenes I need to display 2d stuffs with line/curves, thicknesses and texts, select them and, possibly, implement some dragging as I did with AIS...
  15. M

Yep, that's right... so I'm curious about the advantages of using OCAF instead a DB solution, like your suggested SQLite. I was thinking that OCAF did manage all the view stuffs, but I guess I'm wrong. BTW, what do you thing about going to OSG / Vulkanscenegraph ? Do you have some experience on...
  16. M

Thank you for quick answer ! I asked because I still don't know much about OCAF, and I'm not sure if the switching is worth the effort. My application by now doesn't manage shape's history (in my kind of application that's not a must, being, by now, not parametric and aimed mostly to...
  17. M

Hello, I'd need to have more viewers inside a single OCAF document. The docs tells that you can have just ONE attached to root label, but says also that it's possible to manage things to allow more of them. In detali, I'm building an application that manages more "drawings" inside a single...