Search results

1. E

why does GeomFill class break the creation of surface into three procedures?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am referring to the GeomFill package. For example in order to create the BSplineSurface you have to use a generator and GeomFill objects like Line and AppSurf to create the Geom_BSplineSurface. This seems to complicate the creation procedure, so I am wandering what is...
  2. E

why does GeomFill class break the creation of surface into three procedures?

To make a Geom_XXSurface using GeomFill_XXX, you need the surface generator, the approximate calculator, and finally the Geom_XXSurface created with calculated parameters. What is the decision and consideration behind breaking surface creation into these three procedures? It makes the program...
  3. E

what is the replacement for Standard_Persistent class?

thank you, considering the easiness of usage, I think OCAF is all I need.
  4. E

what is the replacement for Standard_Persistent class?

I looked over the Foundation Classes and found that Standard_Persistent class is labeled obsolete. So the question is what is the replacement for it? Is it OCAF?
  5. E

is there a way to get back the shape that Graphic3D_Structure is referring to?

Thank you so much for the reply, so what I really want is like any CAD software where I could construct a prime shape dynamically every step of the way by using my mouse. What I did right now, as you suggested, is Compute() on every change step with mouse move, however it is not efficient...
  6. E

is there a way to get back the shape that Graphic3D_Structure is referring to?

so Prs3d_Presentation is presenting my shape on view, I want to alter the graphic. The way I took is by altering the shape by its dimensions with builder API. To do so I need the shape back from Prs3d_Presentation. How could I do so? Or is there a way to change Graphic3D_Structure directly, not...
  7. E

How do you view the modeling history of a OCC shape?

In one of the lesson here, you mentioned OCC is originally designed to store entire modeling history of TopoDS_Shape, is there a way to view it?
  8. E

Why does pload VIS give error could not find TKIVtkDraw.dll?

Never mind, turns out the DRAWEXE uses released version which I did not reconfig.
  9. E

Why does pload VIS give error could not find TKIVtkDraw.dll?

So I changed the env and lib path of TKIVtk and TKIVtkDraw to compile OCC 7.6 for VTK 9.2.2 version. OCC compiles and testing it with vtk works. However when I wanted to use Draw, it throws the error of not able to find TKIVtkDraw.dll. The dll is well in the bin and bind of opencascade folder...
  10. E

Lesson 2 fails for OCC 7.6.0 with VTK 9.2.2?

Yes, I have reconfigured OCCT to include VTK 9.2.2. OCCT is able to compile successfully without warning. I have Change the PATH variable to 9.2.2 VTK bin as well. --------------------- ok, I have found out that I should not be using debug version of but released version VTK libs. Everything...
  11. E

Lesson 2 fails for OCC 7.6.0 with VTK 9.2.2?

I tried lesson 2 with OCC 7.6.0 and vtk 9.2.2, the newest releases. It crashes at "mapper->SetInputConnection(occSource->GetOutputPort());" saying access violation at vtkInformationVector GetNumerOfInformationObjects() The reason I think maybe because OCC is using vtkCommonCore-6.1.dll...
  12. E

Error running code for Lesson 2?

I wander if there is a bat file that configs VTK c++ for visual studio 2017.
  13. E

what algorithm is BRepMesh_Delaun using?

The process seems like it is watson but yet on inspection it is somewhat very different.
  14. E

how to set width/thickness of line/curve?

I used BRepBuilderAPI_MakeEdge to create a line shape and would like to set its display thickness? gp_Pnt P1 = myStartPoint->Pnt(); gp_Pnt P2 = myEndPoint->Pnt(); Handle(Geom_Line) myComponent = new Geom_Line(P1, gp_Dir(P2.XYZ() - P1.XYZ())); Standard_Real dist =...
  15. E

how to auto link to OCC external dlls for personal OCC projects in visual studio?

but the question still lies as to why same configuration compile and run for all the previous OCC projects I did but fail to run now when I added just my personal dll which does not require tbb and freeimage?
  16. E

how to auto link to OCC external dlls for personal OCC projects in visual studio?

o ok, I figured out part of the puzzle, the OCC dlls and lib seems to be built with the tbb and freeimage which are part of PATH variables set by msvc.bat with env.bat. Although it befuddles me as to why HAVE_TBB and HAVE_FREEIMAGE is set to false while OCC still links to it. --------- ok never...
  17. E

how to do that for personal OCC projects? Each time I configure visual studio for OCC based projects, it will always link to tbb and freeimage of such dll.
  18. E

I involve OCC libraries with my executable. I have added the lib libd and inc directory and set the Environment PATH shown below, according to OCC Installation and Build instructions. The problem is while it compiles, the exe keep popping occ external dlls not found such as FreeImage.dll and...
  19. E

Select3D_SensitiveWire don't work?

So for my custom AIS_Shape, my overridden Compute is just a simple TopoDS_Wire. In my overridden ComputeSelection I try to add sensitive entity for the wire so that it will be selectable. this is what I did: void MyAisLine::ComputeSelection(const Handle(SelectMgr_Selection)& theSel, const...
  20. E

what are states to save for undo/redo operation?

I want to create a demo for redo/undo operation with OCC, are there any suggestions on the states to save?