Search results

1. J

How to communicate threads via a STEP file?

Quaoar, Thread pitch can be deducted from the two diameters. Major diameter - pitch = drill size, for 60 degrees threads anyway.. I don't have a lot of cad experience, sorry, but I am here to learn! :)
  2. J

How to communicate threads via a STEP file?

No idea if it's possible to store in the step file.. but Could it simply be part of the logic? For blind holes.. two cylindrical shape, then if one is thread major diameter and the second is drill size for said major thread diameter.
  3. J

Ais color of selected.

Natalia, thank you, I was able to get the highlight to change color, I am still not getting the face color I will look at the code for vselprops maybe I will find it, thanks again! ** edit ** I didn't realize that the style had a display mode and I was only getting the edges because I never...
  4. J

Ais color of selected.

Hello, I was able to change the color of selected object, by using auto highlights = myAISContext->HighlightStyle(); highlights->SetColor(Quantity_NameOfColor::Quantity_NOC_MEDIUMPURPLE3); highlights->SetShadingModel(Graphic3d_TypeOfShadingModel::V3d_PHONG)...
  5. J

VTK vs AIS

very nice work!
  6. J

Update TPrsStd_AISPresentation on shape modification

I don't know if prs->GetAIS()->Presentation()->ReCompute() is what you are looking for?
  7. J

Release v1.1

@Quaoar, I don't know anything about freeCAD, so I can't say! I will attempt to compile analysis situs this weekend .. that's my weekend project !
  8. J

Release v1.1

very impressive. I will have to sit down an study your code, I have a lot to learn.
  9. J

Find Label by ID OCAF

@Quaoar , I do use the pattern you presented on your Youtube channel.. I create class which have a m_root tdf_label, everything goes down from there.. I also use enum to give children note names.. I find it easier than trying to remember the 3rd children is supposed to be some vertex .. It...
  10. J

Find Label by ID OCAF

@Jojain TDF_Tool::Entry(const TDF_Label& aLabel, TCollection_AsciiString& anEntry) would be used like this : TCollection_AsciiString anEntry; TDF_Tool::Entry(aLabel,anEntry); I believe the string value would be stored in the variable anEntry. TDF_Tool:Label(const Handle(TDF_Data)& aDF...
  11. J

Find Label by ID OCAF

Jojain, what ID are you referring to ? I think of the label as being the 'id' ..unless you are talking about attributes which do have a GetID() method I store my shapes using shapetool, and color them with colortool
  12. J

Quaoar, thank you!

@Quaoar, XDE and TFunction play well together.. well enough for me to make it 'work' . I can imagine someone who know what they are doing would probably prefer make their on tool, but for me, it's easier to use the existing stuff.. I don't know enough to pretend being able to create something...
  13. J

Quaoar, thank you!

@Quaoar , well .. everything always gets more complicated haha! I want to generate some probing programs for my 5 axis sinker.. I think I can generate the tool path fine for that but I wanted it to be created by some 'operation' that I could go back and modify, say I want to change the probing...
  14. J

Quaoar, thank you!

I stumbled upon this treasure mine of a website today http://quaoar.su/blog and I found http://quaoar.su/blog/page/assess-the-swept-volume-for-a-turned-part after browsing for a bit.. totally unrelated to what I was looking for but as a CNC programmer, creating a stock model for a turned part...
  15. J

create a 3d view in a MFC dialog

JSLyadne, I think I found something similar in the HLR demo. I'll investigate this, and let you know if I manage to make it work xD Well the HLR demo help me to crate the viewport, it's quite a bit more laggy than the main view but oh well that will work good for what I am trying to do. I...
  16. J

create a 3d view in a MFC dialog

Hi, I am trying to add a 3d viewer so can I display some selected model in a dialog, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.. I recreated a new display connection, graphic driver, viewer, context.. I created a new NT window, but how do I display that in the Dialog? the code runs ok but...
  17. J

Vacation!

Looks like you are having a good time.. even going off-roading. Safe travel back home.
  18. J

add vertex at intersection

IntAna2d_AnaIntersection.hxx check out IntAna2d_AnaIntersection()
  19. J

Vacation!

I will look into that when restrictions ease up!
  20. J

Vacation!

Looks good! I hope your automobile don't give you too many headache you are pretty far away from home. I'd love to visit Russia one day!