Search results

1. Quaoar

Youtube lessons

@geonet Thanks for finding the time and coming up with the feedback. C# is on the radar although I cannot promise it any time soon.
  2. Quaoar

Geometric constraint solver

That's because OpenCascade largely remained without much investment into this sort of thing after it was published. I agree with @blobfish and @A-U : GccAna is not a general-purpose constraint solver, although it might be used for specific "declarative" primitive construction. If all you need is...
  3. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

I use it because it's quite suitable for www and literally all my clients want to visualize shapes using three.js library that supports glTF natively. Other than that, glTF is quite horrible to me. Maybe it's good for low-level rendering using OpenGL or WebGL though. Btw, CAD Assistant opens...
  4. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

The customer wanted to have colored meshes in the output glTF. Or it was me who proposed that and then the customer started to want this :D It kind of is. I'm not that aware of any details of the OpenCascade's ray tracing algorithm, but I'm using their BVH data structures, which are super-fast...
  5. Quaoar

Hello and thank you!

@Gordan btw, we are discussing NetGen in this topic: http://analysissitus.org/forum/index.php?threads/interfacing-with-netgen.43/page-2#post-290 It could also be an alternative to geee-mesh.
  6. Quaoar

Hello and thank you!

Hey @Gordan, welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and the area of your interests. I think, your "stack of technologies" is quite familiar and even somewhat standard for quite a number of folks here. Personally, I've never used Gmsh in a production environment but I know it's...
  7. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

Here is an excerpt from the spec: So, yes, the rays are emitted from the facets in the direction opposite to the tool axis. Note also that there's a slight shift of the origin point aimed at avoiding false-positive intersections.
  8. Quaoar

VTK vs AIS

Yeah, AIS is a pretty high-level thing compared to VTK. I think it's good to get started, but once you hit its limitations, you'll have to go deeper.
  9. Quaoar

How dynamic is OCAF

@DanB Historically, XDE was developed as a data structure that would allow for holding colors, names, and assembly structure after importing all this from a STEP file. Because OpenCascade's shapes are not capable of holding metadata, OCAF was a natural choice. I don't want to disappoint you, but...
  10. Quaoar

VTK vs AIS

Nope, I haven't. I have actually always thought that I'm lacking some fundamental OpenGL knowledge.
  11. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

Is there something you used from OSG? @blobfish
  12. Quaoar

VTK vs AIS

I agree on that. OpenCascade is all about modelling and data exchange and it's better if it stayed in that niche, not trying to do everything. There are graphics libs, and OCC will never outcompete them simply because it's a huge topic in itself. I quickly checked the manual of OSG, and it looks...
  13. Quaoar

VTK vs AIS

My subjective opinion is that VTK is much more flexible from the architectural point of view compared to AIS, although AIS outperforms VTK for larger scenes. I have no idea how to draw an orientation glyph with AIS, and I am not sure to get any community help on that matter as I'm not sure that...
  14. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

Here's this study: http://quaoar.su/files/papers/cascade/HLR_ComparativeStudy_2021-02-28.pdf
  15. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

@A-U You're right! https://gitlab.com/ssv/AnalysisSitus/-/blob/master/src/asiAlgo/mesh/asiAlgo_MeshGen.cpp#L216
  16. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

One another pretty obvious discovery on Windows is that one should not mix up the release and debug libraries. E.g., if I compile my project in debug, it's necessary to make sure that the linked NetGen is debug as well. One easy way to achieve that is to put release and debug libs in separate...
  17. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

What I am doing is I'm assigning scalars with the individual triangles. I.e., currently I cast a ray from a midpoint of a triangle and check for any obstacles. With such a method, large triangles would lead to low resolution of the final scalar mapping as there will be just one hit test for one...
  18. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

In my case, it's mostly about 3-axis machining, so the test cases are quite standard mechanical parts. Here is the archive: http://quaoar.su/files/dfm-cases.zip Some of the cases are taken from the DFMPro application. I have never used it myself (it is commercial) but took time to install it...
  19. Quaoar

Interfacing with NetGen

Yes, it's the current master. Too bad if NetGen does not keep back references, I thought this should be a "must" for a FEM generator. I can try projecting the mesh nodes back onto the visuslization mesh though and this way work it around.
  20. Quaoar

Update TPrsStd_AISPresentation on shape modification

That's absolutely fine, no need to be sorry. I remember spending several horrible days on trivial things (also in AIS) simply because there was no reference or someone to ask. That's why this forum should help, I hope.