Recent content by nicoloc

1. N

Use existing meshing libraries or build one from scratch?

That sounds like a lot of work tbh 😅 I don't need a solution ready for the industry though, I just wanted to play around with it and learn about it. The resources you suggested seem like a good starting point. Thanks for the tips!
  2. N

Verify if input face is close to Plane, Cylinder, Cone or Sphere

Thanks for your help! I think in the end just having the recognition is enough in my case. Btw great job on Analysis Situs, it seems all the features I need are already implemented :D
  3. N

that's nice! You're probably right, I don't think it's possible doing the conversion using ShapeAnalysis_CanonicalRecognition methods, maybe there's something else? On your shape I get this output:
  4. N

Ah great! What's the difference compared to the occt function? I believe they also perform the conversion. I got something easy up and running: void convertToCyl(const TopoDS_Shape &shapeIn) { TopExp_Explorer explorer; int i = 0; explorer.Init(shapeIn, TopAbs_FACE); for (...
  5. N

Most probably they're referring to this class https://dev.opencascade.org/doc/dev/refman/html/class_shape_analysis___canonical_recognition.html
  6. N

In the release notes of open cascade 7.7.0, it is written that: under the modeling section. I have tried to look around for some examples or even a simple reference to this functionality, but couldn't find anything relevant. Do you know where to look? In general, all release notes from open...
  7. N

Thanks a lot for your reply! I was aware of the book "Delaunay Mesh Generation" from John Chawner's critical essay but didn't know about the other ones you posted. I'll look into them. It seems though that I probably severely underestimated the effort to implement such a project. I'm a bit...
  8. N

Hi everybody, based on existing posts in the forum (see post1 or post2) it seems that finding a good open-source library for meshing CAD models is not easy. The posts that I found on the forum are also from some time ago. I want to gather some information on whether there exist new...
  9. N

Interfacing OpenCascade with NetGen

@Quaoar Thanks for your reply! I looked into GMSH as well but wasn't able to make it work on some pathological cases. Plus, their license is less permissive than Netgen. I would be definitely interested in hearing about the approach you used for your in-house mesher! Should I open a new...
  10. N

Interfacing OpenCascade with NetGen

Hi everybody, Nice thread! @Quaoar this conversation is from almost 3 years ago, did you find a good meshing solution in the meantime? I recently tried Netgen, but I found it's not always reliable (if the tessellation for a face doesn't work, it just gives a segfault) and it's sometimes very...