- NURBS modeling.
- Topology killer.
- Euler operators.
- Rebuild edge.
- Basic surface and solid modeling operators.
- Detach and remove faces.
- Explode shapes to sub-shapes.
- Compute distances between shapes.
- Repatch faces.
- Fill gaps.
- Stitch faces.
- Getting rid of small edges.
- History of modifications.
- On-fly naming service.
- Read/write STL and PLY.
- Offset mesh shells.
This block contains description of the shape interrogation facilities available in Analysis Situs. In general,
using the inspection tools, it is possible to extract the following information:
- Topological connectivity in form of graphs.
- Host geometry of edges and faces (types of curves and surfaces, their properties).
- Local tolerances, locations and orientations associated with the boundary elements.
Reverse engineering eliminates the need to design from a blank sheet. The
process takes an existing part, captures its surface measurements, and uses
this information as a reference to create the new design. Reverse engineering
techniques can contribute to solving the following tasks:
- Create CAD models for legacy parts where no digital models are available.
- Design organic shapes whose features are very difficult to reproduce without a polygonal underlayer.
- Change (optimize) design of existing product.
- Replicate existing products.
- Repair worn-out or broken parts.
- Understand better the properties of the existing parts (e.g. it symmetry, defects, etc.).
Tips & tricks
- Find entity.
- JSON representation of curves and surfaces.